Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday and Tom's coming home tomorrow!

Life is good. The sun is shining, it is hot, I've slept well the past two nights, the girls aren't driving my crazy (they are still in their pj's whereas I've already been out running errands). Some days God just shines down on you!!!!

Had an interesting Wednesday -- I am completely spoiled and have someone else clean my house. Usually, they are here late morning on Wednesday. So the three of us packed up to do a bit of shopping and see a movie. We found towels to match the new bathroom, various accessories for the bathroom, and enjoyed the movie and then got their hair cut. Got home to find that no one was there -- and hadn't been there yet. Mmmmmmmmmm. They arrived about an hour later -- something about 2 of the workers with surgery etc. etc. I'm flexible about their timing, so they went ahead and cleaned and we stayed out of the way. They were done by 4 in time for me to make an early dinner for the girls who had ballet for 5:45. The towels weren't quite as good a deal....while the color was perfect, they all have already started pulling (the terry threads). And they're Fieldcrest "Luxury" so it's not like they are bottom-of-the-line towels. So we'll have to find some others. Mom had told me she'd recently bought new towels and had a similar problem -- don't recall what brand they were.

Yesterday was almost completely non-eventful aside from Maggie having a ballet rehearsal in the evening. Today I was up, exercised, bathed, and read the paper by 9:30. Maggie was still in bed and Abby didn't want to run errands, so I headed to return the towels, go to the library, and make a quick stop at the grocery ("only" $40). Home to make and early lunch/late breakfast for the girls. Piano at 2, ballet for Maggie at 4:30. AND TOM COMES HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

As I said, life is good (even on the bad days).......

1 comment:

  1. Some day I'll be able to splurge and have someone clean my house. Boy - - sounds like your day was SUPER busy! I got tired just reading

    ReplyDelete