Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Frantic Wednesday!

It feels a bit like Grand Central Station here today, despite the fact that I am (currently) alone at home, about to go pick the girls up from school. HECTIC day. Cleaning lady (yes, I admit I am spoiled) asked to come early today -- no problem. So I had the privilege of managing to pack all the necessities to shower at the gym in order to make an appointment at 10:30. Of course, I forgot the soap and my razor. At least they had liquid soap, so I do not smell. Then to the grocery for a quick add-on to the "big" shop that was done Monday. Home to put away the groceries in the midst of 5 people cleaning my house and quickly out the door again to get out of the way. Time to kill at the library (one of my favorite places, they even have a cafe there) and on to my appointment. Home again by 12 to get "dinner" cooked in order to feed two daughters immediately after school/before ballet and have something available for the great guy who enables me to do all this running throughout the week rather than run myself ragged on Saturdays as I did when I actually pulled a monetary salary. Fold the sheets in the dryer, put away all the stuff packed to shower at the gym, talk to a friend on the phone about her daughter's hip and ballet carpooling, and attempting to describe what is wrong with the toilet to said womderful man. Note from the cleaning ladies to look at the toilet -- it doesn't flush. Tried plunging, not the problem. Opened the tank and found some sort of spring thingy detached. Toilet flushes if you pull the chain from inside the tank. Called husband to describe problem, left message. Urgency due to the fact that we are already down to only 2 toilets for 4 people due to re-modeling of problem. Husband returns call, describe problem. Husband calls again regarding 4 July trip. Husband calls again regarding Continental OnePass numbers. Eat a quick lunch. Husband calls again regarding Amtrak reservations to/from DC in July/August. Finally sit down at computer and write this.

The afternoon will be heating up dinners for daughters. Taking daughters (and perhaps friend depending on hip condition) to ballet. May/may not stay for ballet depending on carpool ability. Home for good either at 5:45 or 7:30. Much prefer 5:45!!!!!

And I used to wonder what women who didn't work DID all day! So much for drinking champagne and eating bonbons.........

1 comment: