Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Getting Through the Week!

Missing Tom here in Metairie, but the girls and I are navigating our first week of summer somewhat successfully. Abby spent last night at a friend's house and Maggie had 2 friends sleep over here. They made 2 dozen cupcakes, ALL of which are gone now....can anyone remember the freedom of being 12 and able to eat that many cupcakes without either getting sick or worrying about what they might potentially do to your hips????? HAH! I'm pleased with the choices my daughters have made in friends to this point -- they are good girls and I don't have to be at all concerned about inappropriate behavior. Hopefully it will continue as they get older and more prone to find themselves in, shall we say, not-so-nice situations.....

Tomorrow we are heading to see "Night at the Smithsonian" while the house is being cleaned -- I am truly spoiled -- no longer gainfully employed yet not cleaning my own house. Given the amount of time I spend carting my girls around and my personal lack of consistent "standards" of house-cleaning, it is a good thing that Tom agrees that having someone else clean is worth the expense. 3-4 extra hours of time each week is well worth any cost (at least in my mind!). And it's certainly cleaner than it would be if I were keeping to it.....

No other earth-shattering news or observations from here which is perhaps good. All is well, and all of us ARE well. Praying that you are all well also.....

No comments:

Post a Comment