Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday again....

although slightly different than "normal" this week in that instead of a ballet lesson, we are heading to the orthodontist after school. Maggie's had her braces for almost a year now and is doing quite well with them. Of course, after tightening ice cream and tylenol are "musts". And mushy food for dinner (red skettis tonight). Meanwhile, Abby gets to trail along (must be rough being a younger child sometimes!).

As for me, I've got the "normal" Monday activities. Going to yoga class this morning and then the grocery store -- is it just me or has the cost of groceries sky-rocketed in the past 2 years? I cannot possibly fill my cart for under $200. And try finding fresh produce (key word being fresh) here.

Tom is in town this week (last week was Houston). We're anticipating the new tile in the upstairs bathroom this week -- the schedule is to install in on Thursday and set the grout on Friday. Praying that at least the tub will be usable by the time Kay and Ray come to visit for the ballet recital!

Interesting "quote" from church yesterday (I don't have the exact words, so this is a paraphrase): "Rather than spending so much time and energy in figuring out WHY, we should spend more time in the "DO" and participate in our own lives." (Gerald May). To me, this means that God is fully in control and rather and constantly asking "why me?" perhaps the better question is "why NOT me?" and be more accepting of where we are. The example provided was that of Abraham -- when asked to sacrifice his only son, Isaac, instead of asking God "why" he just did it, trusting God and knowing that God had a reason and would fulfill the promises made previously.

Enough -- have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment