Monday, June 1, 2009

Just a quick one -----

GREAT weekend here! Lots of ballet on Saturday -- Abby had rehearsal 10:45-12:45, Maggie had rehearsal 11:45-2:30 (they overlap as they are in one dance together). And best of all, TOM CAME HOME!!!!! Jet-lagged as per normal, but in one piece. Got his laundry going and was able to finish it up by bed-time.

Sunday was one of the few times I miss church "regularly" -- while I don't believe it's an obligation to go to church, I truly enjoy worshiping God and learning more via the sermon. And I get encouragement from being around people who believe as I do. In any event, I tend to only miss church for the ballet luncheon (set-up starts at 9:30am which conflicts), during Nutcracker weekend, and when we're on holiday. I recently joined a new church that's much smaller than the one I'd been attending. I received an e-mail from the pastor -- "we missed you, praying all is well". He'd been on holiday over Memorial Day weekend, so we hadn't crossed paths for over 2 weeks. Nice to have a community that cares and wants to make sure you are ok. In any event, the ballet luncheon was a lot of fun this year. The more Maggie (and Abby, although she plans on quitting after the review) gets involved, the more I get to know the other parents and enjoy socializing with them. We were able to get all the auction items set up and everything ready by 11:15 am, which allowed for a Starbucks run to get some coffee to warm up (they keep the room at freezer level!). I worked most of the event -- setting up the auction, then greeting people as they arrived, and then checking people out with checks and purchases. Maggie and her friends also got involved helping out (they are at the PERFECT age for it!). And by staying late we got "marked-down" items that weren't sold during the auction. Some good values (especially considering the cost of the lunch itself.....). We got home a bit after 4pm to find Tom working on the bathroom upstairs. It's getting there. The shower and toilet are usable, but the cabinets and sink aren't in yet. We're having guests this week, so at least they'll have a shower and toilet upstairs to use!

Today Maggie joined me for my yoga class at the gym. I think she enjoyed it (she said she did!). The younger participants (my age on down) weren't there as their kids are too little to bring and are now out of school), so it was us an the "old" people (old being relative -- in actuality they start at 10 years older than me and go up to mid-70s). But it was fun. Meanwhile, Tom met with some inspectors regarding the joists and support for the bathroom upstairs -- he's got a direction in which to proceed to fix it to alleviate his concerns, as well as some comfort in knowing that his assessment was correct. The girls and I headed out on errands -- to Michael's to "get something to do", the ballet shop to get a nude leotard for Maggie, and the grocery. With a "lazy mom" stop at Wendy's on the way home for lunch. In the afternoon we had a repairman out to look at the refrigerator in the garage -- it's the one that got Katrina'd -- no power for a LONG time, full of rotting food, etc. There's a problem with the compressor which would cost enough to replace that replacing the whole thing is a better choice. We'll see what Tom wants to do -- the only reason we have a second refrigerator is because we couldn't get rid of enough of the "aroma" to keep it in the kitchen for daily use and got a new one after the storm. His call, I don't use the one outside at all.

Ballet this afternoon -- dropped Abby off and took Maggie and her friend for an early dinner, dropped Maggie and her friend off and went to buy hooks for shower curtains, came back to pick Abby up and come home -- Maggie just got home with her friend's mom. WHEW!!!!!

Guess that was more than quick........

1 comment:

  1. You are so much better at blogging than me. I love you.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete