Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Blues

Monday -- didn't sleep well, not feeling positive yet. Nothing a bit of exercise won't cure, but that will be in about an hour after getting the girls off to camp. Meanwhile, a bit of the blues. Sigh. Have to remember that there's a purpose for me being right where I am right now in God's eternal plan (yes, I do believe that!). Even though it's a rather blue place right now despite two relatively cheerful girls and sunshine outside. Sigh again. The weekend was good -- not great, but when ever are ALL our desires satisfied? A good mix of relaxing, some activity, good sermon, great fellowship, and an evening with new friends at church during VBS last night. I am so pleased with my new church. The people are so open and loving, the doctrine preached is what I believe the Bible tells us, and it fills up my joy-meter. I don't always see eye-to-eye with the rest of the congregation (and preacher) regarding the current politics of our nation, but let's just say I read more into the loving side of Christ and less into the rule-following side. Enough for that!

Speaking of politics, yesterday's paper had a head-line in the Living section supporting a Brad Pitt for Mayor group. I find this rather hilarious. Yes, he does own a home here and yes, he has given a lot of time and money to the region in the past few years. BUT this area is abounding with political and religious conservatives. And Brad is about as liberal as they come, don't you think? Is it just his celebrity status and financial generosity that are fueling this movement? In an area that is thoroughly pro-life, pro hetero-only marriage, pro-war (at least pro-defense with regards to our current operations in the Middle East), how on earth could there be a Brad-Pitt-for-Mayor movement? Maybe it's just the "liberal press" who are creating the hoopla. In any event, I just found it humorous, regardless of my personal views both politically and toward Mr. Pitt personally.

In any event, I do have a lot to be joyful for -- two healthy and happy children, shelter, enough food, the ability to not work right now, and yoga (ha ha!). On my way out the door -- more later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment