Thursday, June 18, 2009

Almost the end of another week

Where does the time go? It's been so crazy busy here! With camp and Maggie's ballet workshop, I don't think I'm ever home. Only one more week of ballet workshop -- it'll be nice to not be cooking dinner at 10am! With ballet class around 5pm every evening, dinner is either right after camp or late, so I've just been cooking early and putting it in tupperware -- I feel like Robin Miller with my pre-cooked/pre-prepped meals! HAH. Today it was chicken, roasted potatoes, and green beans. Tomorrow I think it's going to be something really simple like broccoli with pasta -- plain for Abby, butter for Maggie, and with an alfredo sauce for Tom. Saturday we have a day off -- the piano teacher is out of town for the weekend, so there's nothing on the agenda. I don't think I'll get to have another day "off", but it'll certainly be less hectic than when there are ballet classes/rehearsals on Saturday mornings and piano lessons in the afternoon.

This week I've done my part to bolster the economy by spending money. Monday was a huge run to the grocery -- why do you run out of all the staples and things like paper towels and TP and the same time? And it's always the heavy stuff. And I'm not the best at steering the cart when it's heavy! HAH. Mr. Terminix came on Monday also. I'm actually quite pleased with our service -- I learned the last time he was there that they never raise the rates for existing customers -- what you pay when you first sign on with them is what you pay for forever. We pay $80 quarterly, and he told me he's got 2 customers that pay only $25 and that have been with the service for over 20 years. Thought that was an interesting business model!

Tuesday my book club met. We read "Three weeks with my Brother" by Nicholas and Micah Sparks. It was auto-biographical about the brothers' journey on a 3 week around the world trip as well as into their history and their families. VERY interesting and I recommend it to anyone. Everyone in my book group liked it and we all had recommended it to others. It's a pretty quick read as well (as are, I understand, Mr. Sparks' books in general -- I'll admit to having never read any of them!).

Wednesday was my out-of-the-house day. So I spent money again -- this time at SAM'S (various detergents, peanut butter, splenda, vitamins, etc.) and then at the "gourmet" coffee shop where I buy my flavored coffees. Today and tomorrow are slower for me -- my weeks are always front-end loaded.

Meanwhile Tom continues on the bathroom re-do. The mirrors are now up, the sink plumbing re-connected. He's currently repositioning an outlet. Still has some work on the vent and finishing up the closet and then the final painting (probably something more in there, but who knows?). My parents returned from their African journey and I advised my mom that I've volunteered her to sew us a shower curtain since I cannot find one that matches. They're coming next month, so we can go to the fabric store and get something -- I just want something that's identical to the plastic liner buy fabric. No fancy curtains or anything. But I can't find anything that matches. Sigh. Tom's done a REALLY great job! He's much more a perfectionist than I am and that's impressive to me. I'm a get-it-done-as-quick-as-possible person in almost everything. I am so not a perfectionist in anything that takes too much effort! I like being "done" too much to get things done perfectly.

Suppose that's it for now. More to come in the future -- maybe even something more insightful than the day to day drivel.......

No comments:

Post a Comment