Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday lighter blues

Not so blue, still sleepy. Got a lot done this morning. Dropped the girls off at camp, including dropping off snack for Abby's group (lemonade, and cookies). Headed to the gym, jogged a mile, lifted weights, rode the bike for 30 minutes. Went to the grocery and spent a lot of money (what's with the price of groceries?????). Came home, cooked dinner (red beans and rice with pork and green beans). Took a bath, ate lunch and here I am again. Leaving to get the girls soon. Bring them home, feed them an early dinner, take Maggie to ballet for 5:30. Come home again for a little bit and go pick her up for 7. PHEW!

In other news, yesterday's sermon was on one of my favorite OT books -- Esther. I like that there is at least one strong woman represented in the Bible! Raised by parents who (thankfully) ingrained a fierce independence in me, I admire and respect women of like character. In any event, Esther was characterized (appropriately) as having a divine destiny (serving God where he placed her) and a driving determination (focus on her purpose, often surrendering herself -- she put her life on the line). As for Biblical curiosities, I learned that the book of Esther is the only book in the Bible that does not reference God by any name. However, His hand is evident in how the events of the book play out. Additionally, I was reminded that there are only 2 books in the Bible named for women -- Esther and Ruth. In any event, the key message for me to take away was that I am at this point in my life for a reason and while I do not know the reason, it exists. Like most people, sometimes I don't like my life and what I need to do, but overall I am content and most times filled with joy. Not perfect by a long shot, but pleased with the journey thus far.

Enjoy a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment