Saturday, June 20, 2009

Me again.....(duh -- who else would write here?)

Saturday evening -- Maggie's sleeping over at a friend's house, Abby got home about 7 after a LONG day swimming and playing with a friend, Tom's working (still/again) on the bathroom upstairs -- QUITE a project and he's a perfectionist (so unlike me!). Was it only 15 years ago that spending Saturday night at home was a horrible thing? hee hee! With the busyness around this house with the girls, I LOVE evenings at home, doing nothing but being in my pjs. Call me boring, but I'm content.

Tom and I managed to sneak a couple hours alone while both girls were gone. Trip for coffee and conversation (MUCH appreciated!) and then to Lowe's (NOT my first choice for a date-afternoon, but he was driving) to purchase a 96-inch fluorescent light bulb. How's that for excitement?????

In other news, it continues to be very HOT here -- I'd call it stifling except I believe that term refers more to a dry heat and that's certainly NOT what we've got here. Miserable is much more appropriate. I had to laugh at the weather report in the paper this morning. By Thursday's forecast there was a note that it was going to be "a bit cooler" -- e. g. the high was only to be 92. WOW -- I might just pull out my parka and scarf for that one!

Enjoyed doing yoga this morning. My hip was bothering me yesterday and I was pleased that it's resolved itself. No clue what caused the discomfort, but extra stretching and lying on a heating pad last night helped just fine. I refuse to give in to minor aches!

Looking forward to church tomorrow morning. Back on the series of "Crises in the lives of the Saints". Last week we had a guest preacher, so it'll be nice to get back to the series. I'll pick Maggie up on my way to church and take her with me. Guess Abby will go with Tom. No other plans for the day which is fine with me! I've got an entertaining book and if things get really boring, some ironing to do. The week will be hectic -- last week of ballet workshop and the people we carpool with will be gone, so I'll be driving Maggie both ways. Since she loves it and she's managed to maintain an "A" average in school despite her dance commitment, how can I say no? Since I'm no longer in a monetary-paying job, I've got the time and ability to take her to her activities -- as long as those grades stay up (doesn't have to be all As, but I'd be disappointed with a C given past performance!).

More as the week progresses.....

No comments:

Post a Comment