Sunday, June 14, 2009

the day after my day off

Ah! how WONDERFUL to have a day off yesterday! Tom and the girls left at about 8:15 yesterday morning for their canoe trip and didn't return until about 7. I did do 2 loads of laundry and enjoyed some yoga. After a nice bubble bath, I put on boxers and a big t-shirt, put the hair in a mom-bun (didn't even brush it) and opened a new book. PERFECT day off in my book! They apparently had a great time canoeing, despite getting a bit too much sun.

Today, back to being busy. And trying to get ahead for the next couple days which are again over-scheduled (you'd think summer would slow down -- not yet here!). Tomorrow the girls have camp and we are in dire need of some groceries. Mr. Terminix is coming also for the quarterly visit. Tuesday I have book-club during the day. Both afternoons see Maggie at ballet (Tuesday she also has pilates) and Tuesday has Abby at violin (she's learning one of Bach's Minuets that I actually learned on piano years ago and can still play!). SO, after a great visit at church this morning, Maggie and I made a stop at Walgreens (ACH! my daughter bought make-up!) I came home and cooked dinner for the next two nights (tonight Tom ordered pizza for after piano lessons). I don't think I've ever before had all 4 burners on the stove-top running at the same time, not even for Thanksgiving or Christmas! BUT we've got packaged dinners ready. WHEW! Spent a few hours relaxing and then took the girls for their re-scheduled piano lesson. Home and done for the day.

Hope all have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment