Friday, October 30, 2009

where did october go?????

Can't believe it's almost November! Yikes.....

Had a good remainder of the week. On Thursday (my "day off" until my painting class starts in 2 weeks) I got to go have lunch with Tom. Maggie wonders why we don't do this every week. When we first moved to Holland, our offices were across the hall from each other and we had lunch regularly. Since most of my team hadn't started yet and I knew next to no one there, it was generous of him to include me in his daily lunch plans! In any event, I enjoyed seeing him mid-day and always like to spend time with him -- he IS my favorite, of course!

The rest of Thursday passed normally. Picked the girls up from school and we stopped to purchase our pumpkins for jack o lanterns -- Thursday morning I'd realized that we'd failed to get them (whoops!). This year I got a teeny one. Last year I got one that had all these bumps on it and brought it home to find it to be a gourd that was impossible to cut into. So I drew a design on it. In any event, we came home after that and re-heated Chinese food for dinner. Took Maggie and a friend to ballet and came home for the evening. Yea!

Today was back-to-busy. Gym and yoga this morning, followed by a library run and grocery trip. Home for an hour or so to bathe, drink coffee, and have an early lunch, then back to school for Abby's halloween party. Maggie's party was at the same time but I wasn't "permitted" to attend -- her first school "dance" -- for the 7th and 8th graders. Don't tell, but another mom and I spied on them a short bit! Hard to see them growing up. After school we headed to the doctor. Abby's got a bump on her foot that is painful and yes, it is a bunion (can you believe -- she's 9 and have NEVER worn pointy-toed high-heeled shoes). The doctor isn't overly concerned, checked her school shoes for fit and advised to take advil for any discomfort and use the pads from the grocery -- keep up on it and come back if it worsens. Sigh. My mom has big-time foot problems, but her's didn't really occur until she was 60, not NINE YEARS OLD! In further news, we did go ahead and get the flu mist and swine flu shot for both girls today. They've never had a flu shot (neither have I), but it's really been going around school and I wanted the swine flu vaccine for them, so might as well get them both. Stopped at Walgreen's on the way home for foot pads and then carved pumpkins! I have to say that my tiny little pumpkin is really cute. Roasted the seed, re-heated a casserole, and have started laundry. Day must be close to being done, no?

Tomorrow we plan for haircuts, then Maggie has ballet, then piano, and each is having a friend come for trick-or-treat. Sunday we're taking Tom to CATS for his birthday present -- first time for Broadway to be back in New Orleans since 2005.....

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment