Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!!

I am tired. We had a three day weekend due to end-of-term at school (Friday off) and I managed to get NO days available to sleep in (although, admittedly, "sleeping in" for me means anything after 7:30am.....). It started out when I went to pick up Maggie at school on Thursday and take Abby her overnight bag to trade for her books. Maggie ended up going home with a friend as well, so I did car-pool and ended up taking no children home. I did have to make a trip to take Maggie her contact stuff later on.

Friday morning I was up at 6 in order to pick up Maggie and 2 friends for 6:30 (the mom had to work Friday). My attempt to go back to sleep was thwarted by 3 7th graders loudly making cupcakes at 7:30 in the morning. sigh. Abby came home late-afternoon, Maggie's friends were picked up a bit after that.

Saturday morning was up at 7 in order to take Maggie to drop her for her camping trip. Didn't even bother trying to go back to sleep this time! Ended up with NO REASON to leave the house for the rest of the day and I was able to watch OSU on tv -- not bad!

This morning, Abby and I were up early for a 5K race -- her first! It was raining this morning (POURING on our drive to the race), but it cleared up for the race itself. It was strange to arrive at the race and have NOTHING set up at all -- the vendors were all late due to weather concerns, we couldn't even get our number-tags. And it was cold and damp (although not raining). By the time the race started we were able to take off our jackets, however! Abby did so good on the race! It was wet and there were puddles all over the place. We finished in just over one hour (less than 20 minutes per mile, which, if you're a rather short 9-year-old is quite respectable for walking!). Most importantly, we had fun.

Maggie came home a couple minutes before we left for piano (she didn't go as the teacher wasn't expecting her and she's tired!). I did all her laundry from her trip and just threw in the week's worth of towels. Is it bed time yet?????

1 comment:

  1. I too am exhausted after reading all the shuttling and running around that you and the girls are always doing! Phew!

    ReplyDelete