Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday

What a wonderful couple days here! Tuesday ended up with the option where Abby and I got to take Maggie to ballet and go to Starbucks. We used to go there ALL THE TIME and they knew my order by heart -- not quite there again! Speaking of places we frequent -- last week the girls and I picked up Chinese food after school -- the lady behind the counter said "no moo shu today?" -- yep, Tom was out of town and we hadn't put in for his "normal" order. Yesterday I went to a coffee shop -- usually I go to their original location, but yesterday I was in a different part of town and went to this one -- the gal behind the counter recognized me from the other place and, you guessed it, knew my order. Ah well! In any event, Tuesday went by fairly well.

Yesterday was Bible study -- I am really getting a lot from our study of John. It's strengthening my personal convictions while helping me understand why others believe differently. After that, I went to buy some work-out clothes -- on Sunday I went walking and the elastic in my shorts was rather loose from wear and threatened to expose my bottom. Plus other items are wearing as well, so I bit the bullet and headed to the sports store. Then onto the second coffee shop (see previous paragraph) and then to pick up the girls. Stopped to get sushi for dinner on our way home (this place did NOT know our order as we haven't been there in quite a while!). Maggie had her most difficult exams today so we played hooky from ballet and I helped her study. One of her Literature stories had to be the most boring thing ever -- except for Tale of Two Cities for which I earned a 7 correct out of 48 possible points in 10th grade (yep, that's about a 12% correct). GAG! History isn't much more exciting to me, but I managed to get through helping her study most of it. One interesting thing I learned was about how Columbus' ships got their name -- "Pinta" was because it was a painted boat, "Nina" reflected the owner of the boat, and "Santa Maria" refers to Jesus' mother. Today Abby is heading to a friend's house after school for a sleep-over. Maggie has ballet this evening, but I'm not sure what's going on around there. Only time will tell, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment