Friday, March 19, 2010

surprise from mali!

So this morning I drop the girls off at carpool, ride the stationary bike at the gym for a bit, go to yoga, fill up my gas tank, and head to the grocery (not very exciting, but typical). Imagine my surprise at the grocery -- phone rings, I thought it was Tom as I'd sent him a couple texts. But the number was wrong.....usually I'll let an unfamiliar call go to voice mail, but this was a "+" number for overseas, so I answered it. 'Twas the English teacher from Tereli! We'd exchanged e-mails and contact info (as friends do), but while I perhaps anticipated some form of contact, a phone call on a sunny Friday morning at the grocery wasn't quite it. Made my day.

Here's our photo.....


In other news of home: Abby earned a "Superior" rating at her violin festival/competition, Maggie's going to dance with the little baby girls at the ballet recital (as well as with the girls in her class), and both girls earned GREAT grades last quarter -- 3 down, one more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment