Friday, March 26, 2010

me and wii

I volunteered to play wii with Abby the other day, and somehow it's become a nightly occurrence this week. Let me just say that I stink at sword fighting. Although I did beat her in one of the 3 rounds last night! I am a klutz. I do not have an athletic bone in my body. I was ALWAYS picked last for teams in school. The only reason I played intermural volleyball at OSU was because the co-ed league required at least 2 women on the team. As an adult, I attempt to do the following for exercise: jog/walk, elliptical, stationary bike, "weights" (up to 30lbs!!!!), weight machines, and yoga. I've done spinning, I've done step aerobics, and I even still have (and use) an original Jane Fonda workout. BUT, I am still a klutz.

So, a typical evening of wii with Abby includes me losing at swordfighting, falling off my bike on cycling, drowning from my canoe, and crashing my plane into the mountain. Oh, I also completely miss the target more often than not in archery. Sigh. I AM good at bowling (can you tell I'm from the mid-west?), and I have won twice at table tennis. And, best of all, THOROUGHLY enjoyed entertaining my daughter with my pathetic antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment