Friday, March 5, 2010

Present Life

Yes, life does go on between my Mali-adventure blogs. I came home from Africa with a bad cough. It's lingered since then (6 weeks now) and I FINALLY went to the doctor. Remnants of bronchitis is the diagnosis, antibiotic and cough syrup with codeine plus mega-doses of C and D3 vitamins for a while. Sigh. The frustrating part for me was that the doctor called it in the Walgreen's and they didn't fill it right away -- I haven't had a prescription since 2005, and I've been purged from their system. Doesn't pay to be healthy!

Maggie's b-day is the 17th and she got her present early -- her cell phone. I've had a hard time rationalizing cell phones for kids, especially as mine aren't that often away from me or another adult who has a cell phone. So, Maggie is one of only 3 in her grade that didn't have one. With high school next year, I came up with a justification that made some sort of sense to me and set her up on a plan with me. She's quite taken with it and so far (2 days!) hasn't broken any of the "rules".......

Exams are next week, so we'll be doing some studying this weekend. Today the girls have their annual physicals, plus Maggie needs a form completed for high school. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment