Monday, March 22, 2010

God Bless my Mom!!!!!

As the newly minted mother-of-a-teenager I have an even greater appreciation for my mom. I have spent 2 of the last 3 days driving my daughter all around town, dragging along the 10 year old (oh yeah, suppose I ought to thank her as well!). Saturday morning: wake up said daughter at 8:45. Leave house at 9:30 for ballet. Come home, get other daughter up and ready. Leave house at 10:30 to pick up older daughter. Run to Office Depot for a tri-fold poster board. Run to school uniform store to (yikes!) purchase/order high school uniforms. Stop by Popeye's for a highly nutritious lunch. Stop at home for a very short while. Leave house at 12:30 for second ballet run. Come home, FINALLY drink some coffee and eat lunch. Leave house at 2:20 to pick up older daughter. Stop at home to pick up younger daughter. Drive to piano lessons. SIT DOWN for 1 hour. Drive home, heat up a pizza (yeah right -- you expect me to COOK after all that driving???). SIT DOWN.

And then today. Drive children to school. Go to gym, lift weights, attend yoga class. Go to grocery store. Unpack groceries, take a bath. Drink coffee, have lunch. Go to school to pick up daughters early to take older one to orthodontist. Return to school for play rehearsal -- sit in car with younger one doing homework. Drive to Cane's for another nutritious dinner. Drop older one at ballet. Come home and SIT DOWN. Older one should be home soon (thank God for carpools as well!).

And she hasn't started high school -- what am I getting myself into?????? All said, I am so thankful that both girls are able to participate in the activities they want and make the grades they want as well. Life is good, I have no complaints!

1 comment:

  1. All of the chauffering is preparing you to be READY to hand over the keys when she's 16! ha!

    ReplyDelete