Thursday, March 11, 2010

coffee

I love coffee. I drink a LOT of coffee when I'm at home, but when I'm at other people's houses, I generally drink herbal tea. Why? Because I like the way I make coffee! VERY strong. My mom puts half a cup of coffee and adds water. And don't be too worried about my caffeine level -- I drink decaf. And yes, I know there is some caffeine in decaf, but definitely not as much as in regular, no?

So about my coffee. I really like decaf flavored coffee. Which isn't easy to find. Especially when the Gloria Jeans coffee shop near your house closes (sigh). The grocery only carries french vanilla and hazelnut (YUCK!) in decaf, and World Market only has a texas pecan flavor. While I like both of these, I need more variety!

So, what does one do? I search the internet. And I find a local coffee roaster that makes a ton of decaf flavors and ships them all over the country. Of course, shipping costs are pretty high (or I'm just cheap!). But there is a "contact us" button on the site, so I send an e-mail asking if you can drive there to pick up your coffee. YES!!!!! You can either call or e-mail an order, then pick it up the next day. So that's what I did -- yesterday I placed my order, today I drove to pick it up. Not the most convenient location (west of the airport, off Airline Blvd.), BUT not only was my coffee ready for me, IT WAS ONLY $7 A POUND AFTER TAXES!!!!! (did I say I'm cheap?). Considering the grocery is $12.99 a pound, and Gloria Jean is at least that, I'm thrilled. And I have a ton of coffee ready to be brewed and drink.....life is good!

So, if you're interested, check out http://www.orleanscoffee.com/. Besides the decaf flavors, there a slew of regular flavors, varietals, etc. I'm basking in the joy of all my coffee (to go with my girl scout cookies).......

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately my "coffee" is Coke -- the fully leaded sugary stuff. I can't live without it!! But I sure do love the smell of coffee. Gotta love those daily rituals!

    ReplyDelete