Tuesday, March 23, 2010

and now for the down-time day

If you read carefully, you'd have noticed that I referred to "2 of the past 3" days in my past post. Sundays are generally low-key or organized around family activities. This past was of the low-key variety. The girls and I headed to church, enjoyed the worship service and had a good appreciation for the sermon (a series from Numbers paralleling the journeys of Israel as the journey of a Christian life). We enjoyed a Popeye's luncheon to recognize the departure of one of our families who are leaving for Germany to ultimately serve as missionaries in that mainly secular nation.

Then we came home to "nothing to do". I read a bit, Abby was on her computer, Maggie did homework. Later there was a Wii (or maybe PS/2?) tournament, followed by a rousing games of cards. And I enjoyed some personal time with my Bible. Quiet afternoon, rest after one busy day and rest before another busy day. I LOVE Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment