Saturday, March 6, 2010

another quick update on reality

My birthday present is being installed -- Tom got me a dishwasher! Actually, my b-day (and Christmas and next year Christmas and b-day) present was my trip to Africa with my dad, but I do have a brand new dishwasher -- the old one wasn't cleaning the dishes too well AND the "adjustable" doohickeys lost their ability to stay in one place which resulted in dishes sliding all over the place. SO, the new one is going in.

In other news, we are the proud parents of two perfectly healthy children. Girls went for their annual physicals yesterday. Their doctor actually went to med-school at what was then the Medical College of Ohio and has been merged into U. Toledo. She grew up in Shaker Heights. Small world, no? The girls and I like her. In any event, we do need to take Abby to the eye doctor this year. Maggie's almost due back, so we'll be making that appointment soon.

Abby's getting ready for her first violin festival -- she'll be "rated" on how well she plays her piece next week. Not sure all the details, but will keep ya'll posted. She's not nervous, even though she doesn't know what it is. Maggie's starting practices for her ballet recital. And they are both gearing up for quarter exams which are this week. Lots of studying going on.......

I think I'm finally getting better. Tom said I didn't cough last night. Nothing like cough syrup with codeine, no?

Back to Africa soon...........

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the cell phone thing. Collin and Kevin both got theirs on their 12th birthday. It's crazy to think how much these kids rely on them these days. My advice: watch out for the texting...it seems to "dumb" the kids down!

    ReplyDelete