Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting better.....thank God for the blessing of friends!

Today started off rather wonky (yes, that IS a word). Not sure was was going on or why, but it just didn't start off well. Managed to fold towels, put them away, pack lunches, feed children breakfast, and take children to school. Headed from there to the gym, even MORE impatient than usual with drivers not driving as I want them to. Rode the bike and went to yoga. Kept getting cramps in my feet (what's THAT all about)? Managed to not topple over during "tree", so SOMETHING went well. Onto the grocery. "Only" spent $140 so far this week. Got home (detour for construction), unpacked and put away groceries, took a bath, sat down and drank some coffee.

THEN a miracle occurred -- a casual friend called. Normally, I'll let "unknown" numbers roll to voice mail, but something made me take this call. She called because I'd been on her mind today. We talked for about 20 minutes about various things that have been bothering me, she listened as I talked, and prayed for me. Haven't quite taken a 180 yet, but I'm on my way out of the funk. I suppose the lessons for this are to 1) answer the phone more often (sorry Tom -- you called while I was in the bath), 2) be open for blessings wherever they come from and 3)listen to your heart and call people who are on YOUR mind -- your call can make their day!

No other news yet today -- get to pick up the girls in an hour from school, then I'll be the "homework hotline".......

No comments:

Post a Comment