Friday, August 28, 2009

Back into school-mode

The first full week of school is behind us. Still not at full throttle (one more week before ballet starts), but quickly gearing up. I've managed to visit the grocery 3 times this week and a drug store 3 times as well. Gas station once, and desperately in need of an ATM. I am thankful that we AREN'T up to full speed yet, giving me that much more time to remember how to get organized with regards to errands!

Bible Study commenced again Wednesday. What a blessing to be back! We're studying John this year. I got motivated on Monday and read the whole book. Now for the verse-by-verse study. I also managed to do some shopping for Tom's upcoming birthday -- it looks as those this year we'll be home for it, rather than in a hotel evacuating as last year. He knows he's getting tickets to CATS -- Broadway has finally made it back to New Orleans and CATS opens the season in October/November. Looking forward to the afternoon together!

I also was able to go to open house at school and meet Maggie's teachers and re-acquaint myself with Abby's teachers. Abby received her first A ever -- until this year she was on the "E - VG - G - S" system for grading. Whoo hoo to Abby! Maggie has a completely new set of teachers this year (aside from Computer), but is coping well so far with the work load and happy that she's no longer the shortest in her class (although her friend is now sad that she IS the shortest). She's brought home some A's this week as well. I am quite pleased with their performance so far! Although Abby did manage to leave her PE bag home one day.......sigh.

I'm also back to the gym and my yoga class. While I've been exercising all summer (most of it actually at the gym), the past month has been either holiday or at home, so it's a struggle getting back into the routine -- the weights seem so heavy! I do enjoy it and appreciate the results, so it is worth my time and effort.

Sleepy tonight, so going to chill for a short while, finish some laundry, and head for bed -- a day of shopping for my daughter tomorrow awaits -- she's growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment