Monday, August 24, 2009

Joy on a Monday

Despite not sleeping well the last couple of nights, this week has started joyfully and I am eager to experience it! With school in session, I get some semblance of "my life" back in that my regular activities resume. I've been back to yoga class twice (yes, I do yoga videos at home, but it's not quite the same when children come in to either observe, giggle, or just interrupt). I'm able to go to the grocery on my own. And I am so excited that my Bible study resumes this week. We are studying the Gospel of John this year. I've begun reading it again on my own and it's amazing once again. I look forward to seeing my friends on Wednesday morning, sharing what's happened this summer, and getting back into one of my favorite and most joyful routines.

Ballet starts for Maggie again the Wednesday after Labor Day. She is excited. I am thankful that my neighbor wants to carpool again this year. This small kindness enables me to more easily prepare dinner for my family, although with the times of her class, it's often prepared in the morning and put into tupperware for re-heating.

I am also joyful because of church. Last night we continued the celebration of the 40th year for the church. Members gave short testimonies to what a local church has meant for them in their lives. Many of the people have been members for upwards of 30 years, many are newer. They all come from varied ways and God found His way into their hearts and lives in varied manners, but we've all ended up in the same place. It's comforting to me to be with people who don't judge me, instead recognizing (as in John Chapter 8) "Let him among you who has no sin be the first to cast a stone at her." Sin is not condoned, it is recognized and labeled as such, but the care for one another remains. It's been a twisty-turny journey for me to find a place that gives me, as one gentleman said, comfort, joy, love, truth, friendship, learning, and shelter.

So, despite homework, despite getting up early, despite packing lunches, despite carpool, and despite any other irritants, I am joyful and anticipating what will be without forgetting to enjoy where I am right now.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your journey/journal through life. You are a dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, I visit often but this is my first comment. I love your detailed blog and your musings about daily life! I especially enjoy your upbeat attitude and grateful nature about the blessings in life. How wonderful also that you have found such a great church home. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete