Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday

Many people celebrate Wednesday as it's the middle of the week -- me, I prefer Thursday. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are taken up with activities, errands, etc. So THURSDAY is usually the day I have to sit back for a few minutes. Today I met with a friend for coffee. Not bad! Ballet classes haven't started yet, so we're home after school as well (with the amount of homework Maggie's been having, that's a blessing!).

Yesterday we celebrated Tom's birthday. He wanted either orange or strawberry cake. Since I'm a woman who believes in the power of mixes, strawberry won out (no orange cake mix out there!). I was talking with my mom on the phone and she recalled the first strawberry cake she made, back in the 70s when they didn't have the pink cake mix. She bought a white cake mix and blended in real strawberries. While it tasted really good, it had a rather gray cast to it. Guess she didn't think about food coloring! Anyway, the cake was yummy, Tom got to open his gifts, and he thanks all for the b-day wishes.

In other news, not too much going on yet (aside from errands, homework, and other tedious items). This weekend we're attending one of Maggie's friends' Bat Mitzvah. Having never been to one, I'll be sure to track all the details! It's at a reform temple (are you supposed to capitalize that?) in New Orleans, and there's a series of events and services on both Friday evening and all day/evening Saturday. PHEW!

Enjoy the close of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment