Monday, September 14, 2009

Stop the World -- I want to get off (at least temporarily!)....

Ever have one of those days when EVERYTHING needs to be done? I don't remember how I got everything done when I was working (of course, I didn't have as much kid-shuffling to do then!). CRAZY days here. Saturday Maggie decided to go ahead and try out for Nutcracker, even though the performances are the weekend prior to exams. I am not thrilled at all about this. She worries and frets over exams a LOT and, of course, we'll have company over the weekend AND, therefore, I will not be able to be her study-buddy as is "normal". Sigh. On the flip side, it would be good for her to learn to do more of the studying solo for the longer term, she does love to dance, and while grades are important, a couple/few Bs aren't going to kill her, right? I just hate that she's already stressed about it -- she's only 12 and should be thinking more about having fun rather than where she'll be for high school next year and all that stuff. Guess it's easier if you've got good public schools and "everyone" goes to the same place, no? Sigh. So, I dropped her off for class for 1pm Saturday. She was asked to "demonstrate" at the 2pm try-outs for the little girls. Then her try-out was at 2:45. Abby and I showed up about 3:30 to pick her up and go to piano lesson. It soon became clear that try-outs were lasting longer than we'd anticipated, so we called and re-scheduled piano and just went home when she was done. WHEW! Got to watch OSU lose Saturday night -- I watched the end of the game in bed, but apparently fell asleep and woke up at the end, still thinking we'd won. In the morning I told Tom OSU had won, then read the paper and realized I was wrong! At least I had a nice 12 hours or so thinking we'd beat USC!

Sunday morning was church, then I watched the Saints. We had to leave during the third quarter for piano, but they had it on at their house so I was able to see the end of the game. Kind of fun to see the rookie QB for the Lions -- he managed to keep his cool for the most part, and played fairly well. It'll be interesting to watch him develop!

Today was hectic-errand-day. Drop the girls off early today for Abby to have choir. Go to the gym, do yoga. Grocery. Home, unpack groceries, fold towels. Clean up the girls' mess that's been driving me crazy. Take a bath. Eat lunch. Run to the dry cleaner (WHEN did dry-cleaning get so expensive!). Go to the library. Pick the girls up from school. Come home. Get Maggie off for ballet. Make dinner. Go pick Maggie up from ballet. WHEW!!!!!!!

Hope your week goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment