Monday, September 7, 2009

My Labor Day

It may not have been traditional, but it was rather satisfying in its own way. I managed to "sleep in" until after 7am, which, considering I'd fallen asleep before 9:30 was a good amount of sleep! I enjoyed the cooler (although quite humid) morning and went walking -- first time in my new shoes without hurting blisters (which are still healing). Came home to bathe and headed to the grocery in an effort to get a jump on the week (Maggie begins dancing again this week, so anything I can get done early is good!). Came home to find Maggie and Tom at du Monde for beignets, unloaded the groceries, and read the paper and checked e-mail. Did some mending (a button had broken on Tom's blazer), did a TON of ironing, and sat down to read a book. Monica Ali's "In the Kitchen". Not my favorite, but she writes well.

And that was the day that was. So, no picnics, no watermelon, no swimming, etc. Just quiet and rest (watching Maggie do homework -- poor thing!).

Hope yours was all you wanted it to be.

1 comment: