Friday, November 6, 2009

Just a quick one....

My younger daughter Abby makes me smile. Most of the time. But here's my sweet Abby story:

Like many people, I take a "list." to the grocery. And like many people, it is constantly getting added to, even in the car on the way to school. So I'll have one or the other girl add to it -- usually Maggie as she sits in the front. However, a couple months ago Maggie wasn't in the car, so Abby got to add to my grocery list. After she was done, she folded it up and wrote "Grocery List" on the outside. When I opened it up, along with the items I needed to purchase, she'd written "I Love You! Abby" at the top. The next time I asked her to add something to the list, she instead added a typical Abby-witticism -- unfortunately, I threw away that list and don't remember what she'd written. But this morning, once again I needed something added to the list (in this case, milk). Although Maggie was in the car, I had Abby write it on the list and didn't look until I got to the store after dropping them off and going to yoga class. So here's the message:

"milk (I LOVE you!!!) (Even though you make us drink ucky blucky yucky clucky mucky (you get the picture) milk.)"

Where does she come up with this stuff (and yes, both my girls are like me and HATE milk)........

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun story...I think I would just melt reading those sweet notes! And she is too funny with her milk comment. So cute!

    ReplyDelete