Monday, November 16, 2009

biginning a busy week

Happy Monday! Another jam-packed week here. WHEW! But a great weekend. Friday after school Maggie went home with a friend to spend the night. Abby brought a friend here. Quiet evening had at our house, Maggie went to a fair with her friend and rode rides all evening. I picked Maggie up Saturday for ballet class and went to purchase sweats for me at Academy -- tried on about 8 pairs and didn't find any I like. I had to get rid of my navy ones because they were both stretched out and bleached from assertive laundering. In any event, didn't find any I liked. So I picked Maggie up at ballet and we went home for a quick bite to eat and then a trip to piano lessons. After that stops at the gas station and Walgreens (so what else is new?). Then home for the evening -- two girls the night after sleepovers makes for relatively quiet evenings!

Yesterday Tom left early for Houston for a workshop and meetings and presentation there. The girls and I went to church. This week we're having a Bible conference with Charlie Bing. I'm planning to attend at least one of the extra meetings, probably Friday night. After church we headed to the store as Maggie is growing out of all her clothes. It was a VERY quick trip as we "had" to be home by 12 for the Saints game. She managed to find 4 shirts that fit, but after trying on 10 more pairs of sweats, I still found none that fit me. Sigh. The other good news was that I figured out what part of the problem with my car is -- it's going in the shop today for a variety of things, but one of them is now "fixed". The problem was that the automatic passenger doors and the rear hatchback weren't opening automatically with the buttons in the car next to the doors -- only via the key remote and the buttons above the rearview mirror. I went to shut Abby's door at the store and noticed a button that is labelled "ON/OFF" that was in the pushed-in position. On a whim I pushed it and whoo-hoo! problem fixed. We sat in the parking lot and tried out all the buttons. So now I only have 3 concerns for the shop -- my window, the sun roof, and a burnt out brake light.

Came home to watch the Saints win. Not too bad! Mom and dad arrived about an hour later and we spent quite a bit of time talking about Africa. I actually cooked dinner (pretty good -- mashed taters, roasted brussels sprouts and onion, and pork roast) and had a quiet evening. WHEW!

Today is the car shop, grocery, yoga, carpool, and ballet.......Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment