Tuesday, November 17, 2009

i cannot spell

Just realized I've misspelled the "title" to the last post. sigh.

The week is off to a GREAT start. The most exciting news is that I've committed to going to Mali with my dad in January for 2 weeks on a "volunteer vacation." My dad went on this same trek last year with my uncle and signed up to go again. When I heard that, coupled with the fact that my uncle wasn't going again this year, I though, "why not me?" Then I realized that we'd need someone here to take my place (not that I'm THAT indispensable, but if you've ever done the single-working-parent routine, it's TOUGH. SO, my mom got volunteered (THANKS MOM!). She's questioning what she's gotten into a bit! But she'll get time with the girls, the girls will get time with her, I won't be around to annoy anyone, and Tom and the girls will also get time together. AND I get to be with my dad.

That all got finalized last night. Today we got the girls off to school and walked/jogged. Mom and I went to a meeting with my new mom's group regarding boundaries. Something we're all aware of to some extent, but interesting with regards to the conversations that arose from it. Also interesting for me, hearing my mom's comments, to learn how many of our boundaries are learned! We're home for a short bit, then off for car pool, violin, and then ballet.

Oh, I also got my car fixed yesterday. Thankfully all but the 25000 service was still warranty! I got a new motor for my power window, a new brake light, some fixing of parts of the front axles that were "squeaking" AND my sunroof now works properly. Convenient to have mom and dad's car here so that we could drop it off in the morning and have another vehicle available. My parents ROCK.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment