Friday, September 3, 2010

friday september 3

Another busy week is sort of coming to an end. Maggie has survived Cross Country practice -- time trials early Saturday morning, practice after school (in the rain) every day this week. Today they'll be getting their uniforms after school and the first meet is EARLY tomorrow morning. I'm so thankful for Labor Day when I can (perhaps!) sleep past 7am.....we'll see how that one works out!

Abby started intramural volleyball on Wednesday. Tom was able to get there for the beginning and saw her score 3 points while serving. I had carpool duty to take the girls to City Park after school, so was late to the game and saw about 1 1/2 practice games. I drove Abby home afterwards (Tom headed to karate) and she was just so excited about both volleyball and school in general. Fun to see/hear her enthusiasm!

As for me, it was another pretty busy week. Drove morning carpool Monday an Wednesday (normal schedule -- AND for the first time I actually had ALL the girls in the car on Wednesday -- one is on swim team and has practice Monday mornings). Managed to fit 6 girls plus all their bags in my mom-car. Tuesday I had double-duty after school -- taking the girls to/from UNO for practice. Abby and I went and had coffee/snacks at a coffee shop which was nice. She was able to do most of her homework. Reminds me a bit of when they were younger and we'd go to Starbucks during ballet rehearsals! Wednesday was Bible Study plus morning and afternoon driving. And I managed to see some of Abby's volleyball. Yesterday was pretty restful. Tom got the b-day cake he'd ask for -- pineapple upside down -- and it's ALL HIS as none of the rest of us like it. Today I'll pick up the girls after school/getting uniforms and later take Maggie to a b-day party for one of her friends. EARLY in the morning is the cross country meet, so I'll be picking her up for that in the morning. I am thankful that early mornings are generally my friend, whereas evening are my crash time.

Life is busy but good and for that, as always, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment