Thursday, May 6, 2010

end of the year

You would think the end of the year would mean WINDING DOWN but here it seems it's even busier. Here's the past couple days in my life -- so thankful for Tom and friends to help out!

Tuesday Abby had her busy day. Maggie was able to go directly home as my friend picked her up from school and delivered her to my house -- dinner ready to be microwaved. Abby and I headed to grab a quick bite at McD's then to violin lesson. After that we did a quick run to the JCC where she had her first (EVER!) swim team practice. I was amazed at her swimming ability! Then we headed home for an hour "break" to do homework. Then back to school for the choir concert. WHEW!!!!

Yesterday after school I reminded Maggie that she had an orthodontist appointment this morning -- she said, "but we're dissecting frogs". So, get home and call the orthodontist to change the appointment (for the second time -- the last time we had to change it for standardized testing). Then I took her to ballet for 5pm. And was done -- a relatively "light" evening.

Today, however, was HECTIC. I took the girls to school and then went to the park where I jogged 2 miles. Back to school to help the 4th graders get ready for their Native American Day with the shirt painting. We actually finished a LOT earlier than any anticipated (especially the teachers who do this year after year!) so I was home by 10:30 to bathe and relax. I was eating lunch when I got a dreaded call from school -- Abby'd fallen on the playground and hit her head (policy to call whenever a child hits their head). They wanted me to come look at it as it appeared to be a large bump. So I headed that way......not only was it a large bump, it was an ENORMOUS one -- literally the size of a tennis ball. So we came home and I called the doctor for advice -- did they want to see her or just for us to watch her. They wanted to see her. Thankfully Tom was working from home so he took Abby and I went to get Maggie from school (my fourth trip to school for the day -- a new record!). Home to feed Maggie and take her to ballet. Then back to the house for a short break, then back to ballet. Tom is currently going to pick her up from ballet (ain't he great????). And Abby missed her second swim team practice due to injury. The poor thing has bruises and scrapes all over -- of all the things she could inherit from me, why'd she have to get my clumsiness????? She has figured out a hands-free way to hold on her ice pack -- with a head band........poor baby!

Hope you're having a less-hectic week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you...it's so neat that you are documenting your busy days so you can look back and remember. It amazes me how busy these kids are and therefore us Moms as well. No one could EVER accuse you of not having enough to do during the day (like the question I often get, "What do you DO all day?")! No wonder the time flies so quickly!

    ReplyDelete