Wednesday, December 16, 2009

what i forgot in the yearly update

I've already realized I forgot several "important" items from last year's update!

First, credit to Tom for lots of projects this year. He's painted the dining room and our bedroom, and is in the process of doing the entry and living room (which is actually a BIG project as the entry is two stories). He also managed the remodeling of the girls' bathroom (it used to be hideous -- picture a faux marble bathtub surround that looked like melted rocky road ice cream, with a too-small vanity, with BRIGHT yellow walls with yellow and gold speckled linoleum on the floor. Lovely! I think it was dated when the house was built in 1984, no? In any event, they now enjoy pale yellow walls with a blue ceiling, brown tile floor, and a properly sized vanity complete with granite top. Bathtub is surrounded in off-white and there are two mirrors and updated light fixtures (no more hollywood lighting!). Mom made the shower curtain (THANKS!) and it's so much nicer now!

Second, I turned 40. Since I really didn't like 39, 40 hasn't been so bad at all. Although I think I'm exhibiting some "mid-life" events -- I've been taking a drawing/painting class (I am so left-brained that this is truly a challenge!). I've found that I am apparently terrified of light and/or bright colors. My drawings are all dark. Sigh. A learning process! Also, I'm going to Mali with my dad in January. Last year my dad went on this trip with my uncle. It's run through the Tandana Foundation (tandandfoundation.org). For a person who doesn't even enjoy camping in cabins, this is quite a stretch! I am so thankful that I'm able to go as well as for my mom, who will be taking my place for the 2 weeks I'm gone (instead of having 2 weeks to herself!).

I'm certain I'm forgetting something else, but it will come to me in time! Meanwhile, next post will catch ya'll up with the past couple days/weeks (including the underwater adventure on our way home from The Nutcracker).....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the annual update. You guys just stay BUSY! It makes me realize what to look forward to in a few years with my 2 little ones.

    I can't wait to hear about your January Bali trip. I'll pray that you have a safe and wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete