Friday, July 24, 2009

ready for holiday!

This week has been crazy! After Sunday's pj day, it never seemed to stop! Monday was the new-battery day (as previously stated). Tuesday Abby got dragged to book club (she was NOT thrilled with that one!) and then we went to violin lesson and swim lesson. Tom met us at the swimming and he and Abby stayed a bit longer, swimming together. Wednesday the house got cleaned, so Abby and I left in the morning for the library, some shopping at Target, a movie, and a trip to school to trade out 3rd grade books for some 7th grade ones from a friend of mine. In the afternoon we did swim lesson again. Thursday we headed up to my aunt's house in the morning to go to Global Wildlife with her and her 3 grandchildren. We headed home after carry-out lunch and left soon afterwards to pick mom, dad and Maggie up at the airport. Home for a short bit and on to another swim lesson (fitting 6 into a week and a day!). Ordered Chinese for dinner. Today I got up and went walking with my dad (high point of my day, I must say!). Abby had a 9am swim lesson today. While there I called the doctor's office as there's a new law here that Maggie needs to be immunized against meningitis. In the typical wisdom of every state I've ever lived in, they make the requirement without ensuring adequate supply. Thankfully they did have it at the doctor and while I was talking with the nurse she mentioned that Maggie was also missing the second chicken pox shot. I'd noticed this myself looking at their records and Abby was also missing it. Since they'd both had a physical this year all that was necessary was to go in and see the nurse. So, after swim lessons we headed to the house, mom got Maggie up and we went to the doctor's office. Got the 3 shots and decided to go to the mall as mom promised Abby a pair of shoes. Dad came with -- as we were leaving I remembered that I'd wanted to get school shoes today, so we first headed to the mall with the school shoes and bought those. Then to the other mall where we got the converse shoes for Abby, lunch, and flavored coffee. Quick stop at the grocery and home. Cooked dinner later on, and chilling pretty much since then. WHEW! Tomorrow we get to visit with my aunt, cousin, and the 3 kids again, Sunday is church and piano lesson. I need another pj day and don't see one coming up any time soon!

I'm sure the end of your summer is just as crazy, but enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment