Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just a quick one

A few minutes before I go get my daughters at camp on a stormy day. Maybe it'll make it a bit cooler outside (though I strongly doubt it!). My parents arrive today -- praying the weather doesn't impact their drive. They are here to take Maggie for her "grandparent trip". She's chosen to go to New York. They're going to 4 shows (Billy Elliott, Wicked, Mamma Mia, and West Side Story), Statue of Liberty, Tenement Museum (strongly recommended by a woman at my church), etc. etc. She's the oldest of the 4 grandkids, so this is the first trip they're taking. They leave Saturday morning and return Thursday night. Abby and I have a few plans, and I'm sure Tom will come up with things for them to do as well -- right now they are watching "Lord of the Rings".

In other news, this week has been lovely. Maggie participated in a VBS at her friend's church on Sunday and Monday, but she's had a cold and didn't go either Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure what she'll do tonight -- we're going to "celebrate" my mom's b-day today (it's actually Saturday), but she may choose to go. Either way is fine with me. Maggie stayed home Tuesday morning -- no fever, just a head cold, but went to camp later on. She's been better the past couple days, so it doesn't seem to be a long-term illness (thank God!). Didn't want her to be ill for her trip. For me, Monday was grocery, Tuesday was driving to and from camp several times and Abby's violin lesson. Yesterday I went to a get-together with my Bible Study group, only to find that the meeting was actually today. Whoops! Tom "gets" to eat the hummus I was going to take! Today I baked and straightened Abby's room for my parents. Tomorrow is the girls' show at camp, then we're heading to the fabric store (Mom got recruited to make a shower curtain for us) and in the afternoon we're meeting Tom for Harry Potter. Saturday early is Maggie, mom and dad's flight, Abby has a piano lesson. Sunday is church and then we start all over again.

Anyway, time to do a bit more "work" before leaving to get the girls -- enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment