Thursday, January 10, 2013

somewhat back to normal

Both daughters are back in school, husband is on business trip thru next week and i'm driving everywhere.  Seems to be pretty much back to normal!  I "failed" my PT re-evaluation on the 3rd, so I've got three more weeks lined up with appointments.  Despite my diligence at doing the exercises, the strength isn't quite back to where it should be.  Sigh.  More one-legged squats.  I have determined that I don't yet have the strength to do forward lunge-walks unassisted (I use two sticks at PT to walk back and forth across the room), but I can now to the lunges where you put your leg behind you about 4-5 feet and squat down, then push off to return to the start.  Next step will be to do that forward, then to add the "walking" part.  Longer recovery than I'd anticipated, but I'm continuing to learn patience.

Both girls performed very well for their second quarter grades and are moving forward.  Maggie's determining her classes for next year, Abby will do so later this year.  Abby has her placement test for high school on Saturday morning -- this is used to determine and scholarship availability and if she'll be recommended to take honors classes.  Marks the start of a really busy weekend -- after that Abby's having lunch with fellow grammar school friends who are taking the same test, Maggie's playing bingo at a retirement home, then perhaps doing something in the evening.  Sunday morning is church followed by lunch with friends.  Then Maggie has a Girl Scout event followed by dinner with a friend.  Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?????

So all is well with us -- hope you're having a safe and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment