Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When Flat Stanley Came to Town

Recently my nephew Taylor sent Flat Stanley to visit us. I followed the directions and decorated him appropriate for New Orleans life and took him various places with me. Along with a Power Point presentation, I thought it'd be fun to put Flat Stanley's adventures here, so that EVERYONE can enjoy them, not just Taylor's first grade. So, here it goes!

Flat Stanley arrived in Metairie in the middle of April. He was wearing a rather boring (all white) outfit, so the first thing I did was to get him decked out in New Orleans clothing -- complete with a Saints' shirt and a Hornets' hat (sort of ironic, as Taylor lives in Charlotte and that's where the Hornets started out!). I also gave Flat Stanley a beignet and he held onto it the entire trip (or perhaps he was eating them on the sly and picking them up mysteriously?).



Two years ago my niece Mackenzie sent Flat Stanley to visit us as well. I still had photos of him (he was all decked out for Mardi Gras and carried a chocolate Easter candy!), so I posed the "real" one next to the photo for a picture.



Flat Stanley was hoping to spend a day at one of the girls' schools, but I wouldn't let him sneak into their lunch boxes.



I DID, however, let him tag along with my in my purse....



As we headed out the door on the way to Book Club, Flat Stanley noticed the tree in my neighbor's yard. I thought he was too small to climb a big tree, but I let him climb up my gardenia bush. He thought the flowers smelled great!



Flat Stanley was introduced to some of the ladies in my book group. He posed for a photo with them.



But I think he enjoyed the cookies more than the discussion on the book!



The next day Flat Stanley went with me to Bible Study.



It was the final meeting for the year so we had a little luncheon afterwards. Flat Stanley thought the centerpiece was pretty.




But once again, he preferred the food!



We had a bit of time before we had to pick up Abby, so we stopped at a local coffee shop for a cup of coffee and a rest.



And then we went to the library. I think Flat Stanley wanted to read ALL the books!



With all the trips we were taking, Flat Stanley was careful to always wear his seatbelt.



On the last day of Flat Stanley's visit, Maggie went to the doctor for her yearly physical. Flat Stanley enjoyed riding the carousel horse in the lobby.



And, although the doctor didn't examine him, Flat Stanley had to get up on the table anyway.



We had a great visit with Flat Stanley! Maybe he'll come back again some day....

No comments:

Post a Comment